Saturday, May 9, 2009

Anticipation

an-tic-i-pa-tion   [an-tis-uh-pey-shuhn] –noun

1. the act of anticipating or the state of being anticipated.
2. realization in advance; foretaste.
3. expectation or hope.
4. previous notion; slight previous impression.
5. intuition, foreknowledge, or prescience.

I love the anticipation of things. For example, when I go camping, the camping trip does not start when I pull out of my driveway. It starts when I begin making the menu list and go shopping for "camp food", gathering my gear together, pouring over maps of where I might hike. The preparation is as much a part of the camping trip as the trip itself. I derive a lot of enjoyment from just thinking about it.

I am in major "anticipation mode" as I look forward to a few days in St. George next week. Memories from last year's trip to St. George have me thinking of hikes (Zions or Snow Canyon), cycling, relaxing, scrapbooking, laying in the sun . Here's hoping that the weather is nice and warm and the skies are blue.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys have a GREAT time. The weather will be extra warm, but isn't that why you go south. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoooo hooooo you get to get away from the wind. (I'm so sick of wind) It is supposed to blow again this week. Hope you hav a blast!!!! I love St. George!!!

    ReplyDelete