Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another Trip to Utah

My third straight weekend of being in Utah...at least for some part of the weekend. Not that I don't enjoy a good trip to Utah. And this was a good trip!

Saturday, I headed south to Heber Valley to stay with Bob and Trixie Adams, good friends who were in my ward in California. They have recently moved into their new home in Midway...although Bob is still commuting each week to work in the Bay Area for a while.

Bob and Trixie

Sunday morning, Trixie and I got up and enjoyed walking around in the area around their home...and then took a little drive around the town of Midway. Nice town!!

Then it was a beautiful drive down Provo Canyon and on to Spanish Fork to hear Tessa Healey speak in sacrament meeting before leaving on her mission for Guatemala. I don't know the last time I drove through Provo canyon, but it has been a long time. It was beautiful!! With the moisture from the thunderstorms, it was so green.

After the church meeting, there was a gathering at a park in Spanish Fork to give Tessa a send-off. She is so excited to serve and will be a fantastic missionary. For the record, Tessa's mom, Shirley, and I were college roommates our freshman and sophomore years at BYU (just shy of 100 years ago), and have been great friends ever since.

Tessa, Shantay (Tyler's girlfriend), Tyler, Shirley, Jack (Shirley's dad) and Velma (Shirley's stepmom)




Shirley and her mom


Shirley with her children, Tessa and Tyler
Have I mentioned that I have the greatest friends...I am so blessed!! I was fortunate to spend the weekend with some of them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanx for mentioning us in your blog! And I'm going to steal some of your photos - hope you don't mind...LOL. You are such a good friend to come for Tessa's temple day and also to the farewell. WOW we have been friends for such a long time! Thanx for everything!
    Seeyaloveyabye! :)

    P.S. Tyler's girlfriend's name is Shantay.

    ReplyDelete