Sunday, May 17, 2009

Arriving Home

When I left home on Tuesday I left my three cats in the house so they would have access to water and food while I was gone. There are also some rooms I prefer them to not have free reign of while I am gone, like my office and bedroom, so I closed the doors to those rooms.

I arrived home from my trip down south on Saturday night, having been gone a little over four days. When I walked in the house, I could hear a meow down the hallway by my bedroom and office. It was a "let me out of here" sounding meow. It was not a happy meow. Unfortunately for Oreo, when I shut the door to my bedroom before leaving, unbeknowst to me he was in my bedroom. He had been stuck in my room for over four days - no food, no water, no litter box.

Fortunately for me, without any food or water there wasn't much of a mess to clean up. Additionally, sometimes I read the paper in bed and last week's version of the Jefferson Star was in the corner that he used in place of the litter box. I was lucky on that account. But poor Oreo was noticeably thinner.

I think we both learned a lesson for next time I leave them for a few days. I felt so bad for him....but it is a funny story.

4 comments:

  1. poor oreo. :) What did you do to make it up to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got to sleep on the bed WITH ME. And I let him eat all the food he wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is your cat doing now? fattened back up and doing okay?
    Bethene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a situation! How are YOU?
    When is your annual bike race?

    ReplyDelete