Sunday, May 17, 2009

St. George and Zions NP

Marlene (sister) and Steve (brother-in-law) invited me to join them in St. George for a few days in the middle of May. May is a great time to visit St. George because the weather is still kind of fickle in Idaho in May...and by then I am in NEED of warm, even hot, weather. The timing worked out great because I was already planning to be in Draper, Utah to attend the temple with Tessa Healey, who has been called to the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission. Why not just head south afterwards for a few days off work?



Highlights of the Draper/St. George trip:

  • Attending the temple with Tessa Healey when she received her endowment.
  • Good times with family.
  • Enjoying the warm, sunny weather.
  • Being entertained by two very cute girls.
  • NO wind. The day I left Idaho, the wind was insane!!! Couldn't leave soon enough.
  • Taking the shuttle bus in Zions National Park with a very entertaining two-year-old, Lisa.
  • Hiking to the Emerald Pools in Zions National Park.

Not-so-highlights of the trip:

  • Coming down with a cold on my way down.
  • Having a cold the entire time I was there.
  • Time going too fast.

Riding on the shuttle bus




Lisa was my seat-mate on the shuttle bus. She is so fun...and note her cute, doggy back-pack/leash.



Jenny and Natalie - she was the most content little hiker!





Fun times at the pool!!

Just hangin' out at the condo

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I am excited to read all about it!!!!! I'm sure the weather was perect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have taken a picture of you! I will give you a copy of the one I took of you and Lisa on the Bus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT to seeya both on your way south and on your way back! Glad you're so quick about showing off your photos! Seeyaloveyabye!

    ReplyDelete