Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

I got the title for today from another blog I read. So the title is not my creation, but it is applicable for today.

This has been an interesting week. Difficult. It was our stake RS leadership last night, and it has been so hard getting prepared for it. All my thoughts have been about Karin, Steve, and their boys...when my thoughts needed to be focused on preparing to teach the sisters. But I was able to focus enough yesterday to finish my preparations as needed, and then I was completely at peace when we met with the sisters last night. The meeting went well.
I am thankful that I live in the Rigby East Stake.

Tuesday was especially hard - maybe because that's the day I first read Karin's obituary and some of the online condolences for her. Reality has set in. Having Tuesday night free, I felt I needed to go to the temple for peace and solace - especially if I was going to get through Wednesday night's leadership meeting. I am thankful for temples. They are a place of strength, power, peace.




I am so grateful that over the past few years Karin and I have enjoyed our friendship. It has been a gift. I have confided in her (and in doing so given her some good laughs) and she has been there for me...yet with mutual respect and understanding of the constraints that the busy-ness of life brings. She has had such a significant influence in my life for good. I am thankful for Karin.

2 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry. I know what it't like to lose a good friend. So sad for her family. So gratful for the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I did a search of Karin and found a link to your blog. I can't remember your last name, but I remember that she was your companion right before she was my companion. I also wrote a tribute to her on my blog. It's kind of bitter sweet, I'm saddened by her early death, but it's nice to make contact with you. Have you joined the Taipei mission alumni site? Also Doug C. started a facebook group.

    It's just hard to imagine that when she was accomplishing so much in her life, it ended early.

    ReplyDelete