Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a Weekend!!! (For good and bad)

This weekend has had all the makings for a terrific weekend . It started off with me taking the afternoon off on Friday. The weather was way too nice to be stuck in an office...I've got spring fever to the extreme. After doing a couple of errands, I got home at about 4:00 and went out to work in my garden. (Have I mentioned I want to have a really good veggie garden this year?) I continued working in the garden on Saturday morning by planting the "cool weather" crops.

The weather for the past few days has been phenomenal. Nice, sunny weather....and NO wind. For three straight days!!!!! Love it.

It was also stake conference weekend for the Rigby Idaho East Stake. Stake conference is always very good - and this time was no exception. In addition to the adult session on Saturday night and the general session on Sunday morning, the stake RS presidency, bishops and their wives, and the stake presidency and their wives were invited to a luncheon with the visiting general authority before the Saturday evening session. In addition to that, President and Sister Poston invited me to dinner with them on Sunday afternoon with their family. What a great weekend...with one exception.

The bad part of the weekend - that I will be reeling from for some time - is the death of my friend, Karin. (See post on April 18.) But I am so thankful for the gift of repentance and forgiveness, so that this loss is not a loss with regrets. For the last three-and-a-half years Karin and I have enjoyed a sweet renewal of our friendship. I am so grateful for that. But this is hard.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend. I got your email and Grandpa did go by Taylor. I posted some stuff so you will have to look. So sorry about your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a very productive weekend. I too am very sorry to hear about your friend. I will be going to a memorial in Wyoming this week. My brother lost his girl friend of 20 years. She was apart of the family. So my sympathy is with you also, and your friends family.

    ReplyDelete