Friday, January 2, 2009

Bear River Basketball

Last year shortly after football season ended, I charted out the calendar with all the Rigby and Ririe boys' and girls' basketball games....home and away. I went to several high school basketball games last year and had a blast doing it. This year I did the same thing with one exception, I've added a column for the Bear River boys' basketball games, too.

I have a couple of reasons for this. The most important is that one of my best friends (from my childhood, high school, and everafter) has a son playing on both the JV and varsity teams. So I want to go watch Eric play. An added benefit is that the varsity team has a phenomenal team this year. As of today, they are ranked #10 in the state of Utah (by the Deseret News)....including ALL teams, not just 3A. To date they are undefeated! Plus, Bear River is my alma mater...and I do have great pride in that.

That said, and the fact that I was headed to Utah for the weekend, I made it a point to attend the Bear River vs Box Elder game in Brigham City. (I think the last time I stepped in the Box Elder gym, I was a player. Yikes!!) It was lots of fun...and those BR boys play with such great execution. I even got to see Eric play! The ending score was BR 62, BE 51. Go Bears!!



Eric is no. 1...and he is no. 1 in my book, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment