Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Family Reunion

In the time I have lived in Rigby, I have made some very dear friends. Wanda and her family top that list. For a few months, actually about a year, Wanda and her husband, Mike, have been planning a family reunion for Mike's family. So as the time has been approaching, Wanda has mentioned her preparations and often said I should come up to Island Park to their reunion. In many instances, I would have declined. But because she mentioned this more than once and invited me to come, more than just as a passing comment, I knew she was genuinely inviting me to come up. And I consider Wanda my "sister" anyway, so why not go to the "family" reunion.

Highlights of the Poston/Carey Family Reunion:

  • Attending the sealing of Mike's family - his parents and the sealing of him and his siblings to their parents. This was the main event of the family reunion...although the party in Island Park was for a longer period of time. Note: If invited to the temple, especially if it is for a special occasion of family or friends, accept the invitation and go. You will never be disappointed...and you will be very grateful that you were there.
  • Going to Island Park for the party. It's one of my very, very favorite places. Note: If invited to a party, especially if it is for a special occasion of family or friends, accept the invitation and go. You will not be disappointed....
  • Getting to know Mike and Wanda's older children and grandchildren. Now I can actually put their names and faces together, and I have a point of reference when Wanda updates me on them. What a nice family!!


  • Meeting Mike's brothers and sisters (minus one) and some of their children and grandchildren - and hearing some of their stories growing up. (Although he probably makes bread better than me, I don't think I will have Mike teach me how to make it.) ;) What a nice family!!

Linda, Jeannie (Mike's sisters), Wanda, Me

  • Enjoying the program on Wednesday night...with Bishop Campbell and his wife Sherrie providing some of the entertainment.


  • Excellent food...with all the fixin's. Lee's dinner on Thursday night was waaaaay worth the drive up to Island Park on Thursday night. It was as fun watching the guys prepare it as it was to eat it...fun all the way around. (If I had planned better, I would have just gone up on Wednesday night and stayed through Thursday night.)

Mmmmmm. Joe, Tate and Jason serving up the food.

Kevin, Lee (head chef) Todd, Joe, Tate, and Ty


  • Hangin' out with friends...and making new ones.

Thank you Wanda and Mike for inviting me to join you. It was great!

1 comment:

  1. Island Park is certainly one of my favorite places. When Michelle and I were up visiting Cheryl, we went to IP for a picnic. It reminded me of why I like that area so much.

    ReplyDelete