Saturday, July 19, 2008

Palisades Creek

This summer is going to be gone before I know it. I have to get as much hiking in as possible. So, Lois Suski (I work with her husband, Allen) came out to my house and we went to the Rigby 8th Ward pioneer breakfast and then drove out to Swan Valley. Just enough time to let breakfast settle and give us some good energy. We took the hike along Palisades Creek to the Lower Palisades Lake on Saturday. The trail is very nice...some shade, some sun, and a very gradual uphill. It is four miles from the trailhead to the Lower Lake. It is beautiful the entire way. And you can tell from the pictures that it was an excellent day to be outside. The temperature at the beginning of our hike at 10:00 a.m. was 69F, and heating up to the 80s by the time we got back to the car at 4:30. (Not bad for July 19.) All I can say is that I need to do more hiking, camping, etc.


Lower Palisades Lake. The small black figure about halfway down on the left side of the photo is a moose.



Me



Lois Suski
Of course, on our way home we had to stop at the Rainey Creek store in Swan Valley and get square ice cream cones. I am already planning our next hiking trip. I'm thinking the Bechler area....

No comments:

Post a Comment