Friday, July 18, 2008

80/60

80 years ago today, July 18, one of my greatest hero's and truly the most important woman in my life was born. Today is what would be Mom's 80th birthday...and what would also be my brother, Stephen's 60th birthday. Yes, Mom had her first child on her 20th birthday.

I like to think that if she were still here, I would take the day off work and spend with her to celebrate her 80 years. But since she passed away over eight years ago, I will have to celebrate Mom and Stephen's birthdays in my own way. So, I am still taking the day off...and hopefully doing some things that will be celebrations of their lives in some way. This morning, I am going to the Rexburg temple...and it's because of my mom's teachings and example from the time I was a little girl that I am able to do this.

This afternoon and evening I am getting together with some of my Creative Memories consultants and we are having a "consultant crop" and I am going to spend that time working on a digital scrapbook of photos my mom saved over the years.

It will be a good day of celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Carma,
    love your blog! great job. My mom is turning 82 this year and I can certainly agree that mom's are the best. My mom has been through alot and her example keeps me going. Enjoy the temple.
    Have a great day!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete