Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Night Lights!

I love fall. And one of the things I love about fall is football. And football season is here!!!! Yeah!!!

There is nothing quite as nice as spending a Saturday afternoon in Lavell Edward Stadium watching my BYU Cougars...except for watching a high school football game on Friday night (or during the playoffs in November at Rice Eccles Stadium if my BR Bears are there). I think it has something to do with a sense of community that I enjoy high school football so much.

So Friday night I "kicked off" the football season by watching the Ririe Bulldogs defeat the Soda Springs Cardinals (although I had to leave at the beginning of the 3rd quarter - but Ririe still won). Yeah!!

And if anyone wonders, yes I live in the Rigby High School boundaries; Rigby High is five miles from my home and Ririe is seven miles. Since I have no kids, I can choose whichever team I want to go watch. Ririe won my loyalty because of a fantastic win last year - with a field goal with 17 seconds left to win the game. I also enjoy the friendly, small-town atmosphere...and they wear blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment