Saturday, June 27, 2009

Karin's Team - A Dedication

Last year my good friend Karin Vandenberg invited me to participate with her law firm's team in the MS 150 Bike Ride in Cache Valley to raise money to not only support research for a cure, but also to provide programs which address the needs of people living with MS. It was a lot of fun to participate with her, Steve (her husband), and Richard (her dad) - see blog entry for June 2008. As soon as it was over, I was already anticipating riding in 2009. Needless to say, things changed over the course of that year. Karin passed away from a tragic fall in April. Because she would not be able to ride with us, many of her family and friends committed at the time of her memorial service to do this ride for her.


Some of Karin's Team: Sue Vandenberg, Michael and Linda Dunn, Cole, Steve, Jack, me


My original intention and training had been focusing on riding again with her dad; this year we were going to do the 75-mile route. But as it turned out, I decided to do the shorter 40-mile route with Steve and their boys, Cole and Jack. They were a lot of fun to ride with. Good choice!!!

Jack, Cole, and Steve


The Carlstrom men...Cole, Steve, and Jack - Karin's "boys"

And again the weather was superb. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. 'Til next year....



And a huge THANK YOU to those who sponsored me. I appreciate your donations!

2 comments:

  1. Elaine - Thanks for reading and posting. I miss Karin, too. She was a dear friend who taught me some of life's most important lessons. I know Karin loved your family. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I remember you. Are you still on Herbert?

    ReplyDelete