Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Salt Lake City

Tuesday, March 31, was a day for Relief Society auxiliary training in Salt Lake - in the Tabernacle.

Highlights of the day:
  • Being taught by Sister Beck, Sister Allred and Sister Thompson...and the Spirit!!
  • Riding down to and back from SLC with my friends and fellow sisters in the Rigby East RS Presidency - Sister Birch, Sister Youngstrom, and Sister Kammerman. Good conversations and what great examples they are to me!
  • Eating lunch in the Lion House.
  • Taking a tour of the Relief Society building and Conference Center. If you have never taken a tour of either of those buildings, I highly recommend it. In fact, I need a whole day to just be a Salt Lake "tourist". (Believe it or not, I used to give tours on Temple Square - right after my mission.)
  • NOT getting rained on while we were in Salt Lake - but the pictures show a cloudy day anyway.
  • Having the day off from work.
  • Making it home safely - despite the awful white-knuckle snowstorm over the Malad divide. Thank you Shannon for being such a good driver!

First time I have been in the Tabernacle since its renovation. It's nice...love the extra leg space.


Looking southwest toward ESA and the Triad Center - from atop the Conference Center. The "gardens" on the top of the Conference Center consist of natural flora and wildflowers, so a little early for the beautiful colors to be out.

A view of Temple Square from atop the Conference Center.


Sisters Laila Kammerma, Shannon Youngstrom, Bethene Birch, and me.

1 comment:

  1. I finally pulled up your blog. That was such a memorable day. I love working with you and consider you a dear friend. Bethene

    ReplyDelete