Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's going on???

I haven't posted on my blog for a couple of weeks, but I need to. Not that a lot is "going on" with me personally right now. It is just work and then weekends, and a few things on weeknights.

I am trying to get a routine down of being at the gym by 6:00 a.m. Which means I need to leave my home by about 5:30 a.m. Which means I am setting three - yes, three - alarms so I am up by 5:00 a.m. Maybe as I get more into the routine and my body adjusts, I can work down to just one alarm. So two-out-of-three days so far this week. And getting there this morning was easier than Monday. An added incentive is that my nephew, Jon, is there at 6:00 a.m. in the morning as well. Helps to have someone to be somewhat accountable to.

I do have a lot on my mind, though. Mainly, the election and the financial meltdown happening on Wall Street. With that in mind, I think I am going to start my own "political" blog - apart from this one. It's just that my blood is boiling with the lack of responsibility, leadership, accountability, integrity, etc. from the Administration, Congress, private companies, and even consumers. There are other issues I will write about, but the financial mess is the biggy. I will put a link to my "political blog" when I get it started...maybe by this weekend. The impetus for this also comes from a nephew - Roy David (David to me, Roy to others). He is writing a political blog, and he is a bit left of center. I am right of center and so don't particulary agree with views. But rather than seem disrespectful and/or negatively comment on his blog, I will just write my own. But I do enjoy reading his views and his thought process.

On a final note, I had a bridal shower at my home about a week ago. It was a lot of fun. Obviously, part of the preparation was getting my home ready. Those of you who have known me for years know that home organization has not been one of my strengths. But through getting my home ready to have guests, my home is now the peaceful place I want it to be. So I am determined to keep it this way. The last couple of evenings I have canned salsa and chopped up zuccinni for the freezer...but I completely clean up the mess by the time I go to bed. Maybe that is why I can bring myself to get out of bed sooooo early to get to the gym by 6:00 a.m. It is so nice to have a clean, peaceful home. (My home office and bedroom still need work, but I am making steady progress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment