Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Changes

Fall is always a time of changes. The weather changes. Some days are quite chilly and others are nice and warm...like this week. Daylight decreases - and we changes our clocks to go back to "standard" time from "daylight-savings" time...like this coming weekend. (Yeah! The weekend will be one hour LONGER.)

And for me this last week, it was also another change in church callings - though somewhat subtle. We had stake conference this past weekend, and the stake Relief Society presidency was reorganized. So I was released as the 2nd counselor and am now the 1st counselor...that's the subtle part.

I have some mixed feelings about this. For the past six months I have served with Kaye, Bethene, and Bonnie. Bethene is the new president, and so I still have the privilege of serving with her. However, I am going to miss serving with Kaye and Bonnie. It kind of reminds me of in the mission field (yes, I can remember THAT LONG AGO) when it was a transfer day and your "old" comanion was going home...happy for them in their new endeavors and happy that you still were staying to serve, but knowing that you would miss them. And you are never the same because of them. So Kaye and Bonnie: Thank you for being such good friends, teachers, examples. I will never be the same because of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment